Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Recent Changes to the Raggeek Magazine

As the end of my music magazine moderation is now over, I had recieved great feedback and things that I need to improve in order to reach my full potential. I was very glad to have this oppurtunity especially as as I didn't have to change that much but was a concern to the examiners.
I have made changes to my Front cover and Contents page.

Changes to my front cover:





                              Before                                                                                        Process



                                                                    After
 
I was told to change my front cover image as the picture before looked stretched and the half of the photo was cut off - this was one of my weakest points of my front cover as it lacked the achieveable look for a realistic magazine. I believe that the 'after' front cover image is better than the previous one as you're able to see the whole photo,the second photo has more colour and adds makes the front cover more appealing as it's contains vibrant colours to the audience. The background image of the 'after' image also mounts the text which makes the text more bold.
The masthead was also a change that needed to be done as the one before was small and didn't stand out as much as it should. 'NEON ENIOLA' had stood out more than the masthead which made it harder for the audience to decide which was the masthead/coverline. The font was also a problem as some viewers found it hard to read what the masthead said. I changed the font of the masthead so that it was a simple but yet a readable font; the size was made larger to make the brand name of the magazine stand out and make it clear of what the masthead says.

With the changes that I have made to my front cover, i feel more confident of my front cover than before and it also looks more of a prudent front cover that you would see on a news/magazine stand.


 Changes to my contents page:




















                    Before                                                                                              Process


                                                           
                                                                            After

                                              

My contents page had little changes to be made but i affirm that it made a difference to the way that my contents page had been presented. I had replaced the greeny coloured photograph of my model to its original photograph, colour tone. The photograph appears quite dark as the photograph was taken using natural lighting - i had tried to changed the brightness of the photo on photoshop to make the photograph have more contrast and more light to it. The change of colour didn't happen as the use of the black and white balance made the photo more of a greyish tone.

"I love music..music is powerful source..." - I was advised to change the quote to a more basic font to make it easier to read.
For the section that is named 'regulars', i had changed the colour of the text to a plain colour (black and white) as they are great combination of colours to mount images and especially text.


My new front cover and contents page was definitely worth making changes as i can see the difference of little changes can make a whole difference to the whole document. It also looks more much better and likewise more presentable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment