Friday, 30 November 2012

MY FRONT COVER

 
 









This is the final result of my front cover. My personal view on my front cover is that it was a success as I was able to add all the magazine features and my layout is very professional and presentable. I was able to use the colour scheme as planned and did everything that I had planned. The front cover to be.

Before I uploaded this front cover, I wasn't going to add any coverlines to the front cover as I wanted the front cover to be simple - after analysing my work I decided to add in the coverlines as it will brighten up the front cover as the main image is lacking colour because its in black and white. I'm very pleased that I added the coverlines to the front cover as it looks more of a magazine than a poster - by not adding the coverlines it shows just your basic skills and not your creativity.

Overall, I am very pleased with what I have produced and I hope that I will get many positive feedback from it.

3 comments:

  1. Photography: images seem slightly blurred (aybe use DSLR next time)
    maybe use more models and studio shoots
    Layout: masthead could be larger, good use of teasers, colour schmeme works
    Contents page:no regulars and you could have used more images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front cover and colour sceheme is really vibrant, it's a very busy page, I think it looks great.Your font is formal and matches the magazine well. However,you can't see much of the model hairline--her hair is cut off up top. Also, maybe you can seperate the lines from one another a little? They overlap, making it a little difficult to read, maybe you can also add a little more information after each coverline? Especially with the main ocverline. Other than that it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERYYYY NICEEEEE TAMIKA, VERY NICE INDEED, Lookingthrough your front cover and content and DPS im impressed.
    Photographyyy for front cover; i like how you positioned your model and the location photography, the back d white looks good, it could of look good also if you tried it with colour too.
    Layout; i likee the front and your colour scheme, your layout on the positioning of everything looks really good. however your masthead is abit too small in the corner, would be betterif you put it bigger. but over all the whol piece is looking gooood.

    ReplyDelete